As the days grow cooler, we're filled with fall wedding ideas! It's the perfect time of year for outdoor weddings. Some of our favorite weddings have happened in the fall months of September and October. The photos below are from Brady and Kevin's beautiful outdoor wedding!
Most of them involve tents. When you're planning that outdoor wedding, don't forget that you'll need to take into account a few things you might not think about at a venue in the city:
- Parking will need to be either on grass or far enough away from your ceremony and reception that the cars don't create dust flying through the air. Nothing would be worse than dusty tables or latecomers spewing dust all over the ceremony.
- And speaking of latecomers, there are ALWAYS a few. Make arrangements to have someone stationed where they can direct traffic and stop interruption of the ceremony - if your ceremony is also being held at the site.
- Remember you will need bathrooms on site - and one simply won't do! There are great rental companies who deliver trailers with very nicely equipped restrooms for both men and women. Some of them get really fancy with marble floors and vanities.
- Check out the area you are using at exactly the same time of day that the wedding will occur. Then you can determine placement of the tent, the chairs and where the wedding party will stand. You don't want to be saying your vows with the sun directly in your face.
- Setting up the reception in an outdoor space is better left to the professionals. Absolutely everything has to be brought in, rented or set up at the last minute. A generator will most likely be necessary and your planner can calculate how big it needs to be by determining exactly WHAT needs electricity. If you plan to use existing electrical hookups, have them checked out BEFORE the event - to avoid the disappointment of a blackout as the band sets up!
Those are some of the obvious but there are a million things that go into assuring that the picture perfect wedding you dream about REALLY happens!!